Dear Patients, Residents and Families,
Bivalent COVID Booster Shots
Good news! The FDA has approved the new Pfizer and Moderna Bivalent COVID Vaccines as a single booster dose. The new U.S. boosters are combination, or “bivalent,” shots. They contain half the original vaccine recipe and half protection against the newest omicron versions, called BA.4 and BA.5, that are considered the most contagious yet. The combination aims to increase cross-protection against multiple variants.
As of September 6, 2022, our pharmacy has not yet received Bivalent Vaccine, but expects it to be available within the week. For current residents and staff who require a booster now, we will wait until the new boosters are available from the pharmacy. Note, the original Monovalent COVID Vaccines will no longer be used as boosters. However, the Monovalent Vaccines are still approved for the Primary Vaccination Series and are available. Flu shots will be available at the end of September/ early October.
As a reminder, you can visit your Center’s web page for daily updates on visitation and vaccination rates at: https://www.genesishcc.com/findlocations.
- Coronavirus Update 09/08/2022
- Coronavirus Update 07/18/2022
- Coronavirus Update 04/08/2022
- Coronavirus Update 03/01/2022
- Coronavirus Update 01/28/2022
- Coronavirus Update 11/18/2021
- Coronavirus Update 10/22/2021
- Coronavirus Update 09/29/2021
- Coronavirus Update 08/02/2021
- Coronavirus Update 05/25/2021
- Coronavirus Update 03/19/2021
- Coronavirus Update 02/10/2021
- Coronavirus Update 01/28/2021
- Coronavirus Update 11/24/2020
- Coronavirus Update 10/20/2020
- Coronavirus Update 09/14/2020
- Coronavirus Update 07/27/2020
- Coronavirus Update 06/12/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/29/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/13/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/01/2020
- Coronavirus Update 04/22/2020
- Coronavirus Update 04/08/2020
- Coronavirus update 03/30/2020
- Coronavirus Update 03/25/2020
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) includes a number of provisions to provide relief to the public from issues caused by the pandemic, including price transparency for COVID -19 testing. Section 3202(b) of the CARES Act requires providers of diagnostic tests for COVID-19 to post the cash price for a COVID-19 diagnostic test on their website. These cash prices are valid during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency only. Click here to find the cash price as used in the CARES Act COVID-19 diagnostic antigen tests for individuals who seek COVID-19 testing from the Center.
We remain committed to keeping families updated about the situation at our facility, and how their loved ones are doing. Keeping families informed is our top priority.
Thank you, Dick Mackey, nephew of Virginia Bretchel, for sharing his kind words, and for Courtney Wood for sharing this fun selfie!
“Even during this time of the pandemic, I’m very happy with the care that she’s gotten. The administrator at the facility has had a Zoom call every day to keep everyone updated. The nursing home always calls me whenever there is an issue. I couldn’t be happier with the place.” – Dick Mackey, nephew of resident Virginia
- Heroes in action
- COVID+ patients leave the facility to return home
- Chester County teen cheering up nursing home residents during COVID-19 outbreak
- First responders show support for nursing home residents